On my hunt for a great waterproof mascara I finally came across this beauty. I have tried the Inimitable Intense regular mascara and loved it, but I felt I could get the same look from another mascara I already owned, so it took me a while to try this waterproof version of the inimitable mascara.
Chanel is known for quality, luxury and being the best of the best in many aspects, and this mascara is no exception. It does everything I want from a daytime mascara, it lengthens, it adds volume, it separates and its buildable so you have control over how dramatic your lashes look. One coat gives a nice defined semi natural look, and with 2 coats it looks I am wearing falsies. The look is not Drag-queen drama, just a lush lash look.
– Separates for feathery lashes
– adds a good amount of volume (may not be a good evening mascara for those who love lots of volume)
– leaves lashes soft
– easy to remove with an oil based remover
– waterproof for the beach or pool
– Price may be an issue for some at $30 a tube
– If you love lots of drama, and the most intense lashes possible, this may not be for you. The inimitable intense is more dramatic, but does not come in waterproof. With that said, you can build this up for a false lash look.
Overall, I have found my perfect waterproof mascara for the summer. I will probably use a different mascara for special events to get a more dramatic look, as I do love a super dramatic lashes in the evening.
(In the photos below I am only wearing a bit of liner on my waterline and the mascara)
Update: I stopped using this mascara because it would smudge by the end of the day due to my oily skin. I would find black smudges on my brow bone and lower eyelid. It really is too bad because everything else was so wonderful with this mascara.